Titan is an innovative, independent and fast-growing company, making a real impact on the biggest issue of our time: climate change. Titan delivers clean fuels (BioLNG and LNG) and related services to the shipping industry and industrial customers via ships and trucks. BioLNG and later E-LNG derived from green hydrogen will be needed to decarbonize fuels in the near future.
Titan currently operates three LNG bunker vessels. To service the increasing demand for clean fuels, substantial deliverability expansions are planned. Titan is executing a newbuild program for multiple additional vessels. Furthermore, Titan operates a substantial delivery network via trucks to industrial users and LNG fueling stations across Europe. To support this fast-paced growth, Titan is hiring an ambitious all-round Legal Counsel. Working at Titan means -above all- that you are passionate about making an impact.
Role & Job Environment
As Legal Counsel, you will be responsible for providing legal advice and support. The focus will be on negotiating, drafting commercial contracts, particularly related to sales and procurement. In addition, you will ensure that other business activities with legal and contractual requirements are complied with in accordance with local and international laws and regulations.
As we are growing significantly as an organization, there will be ample opportunities for personal growth and expanding the responsibilities of this position.
Description of tasks and responsibilities
- Negotiate, draft, review and manage commercial contracts;
- Support and be a sparring partner for other departments;
- Monitor and supervise legal proceedings and direct specialized external legal counsel;
- Preventing and resolving disputes and assessing the legal position of Titan in accordance with laws and regulations by providing solicited and unsolicited legal advice;
- Identifying deviations, contractual and financial risks or opportunities and translating them into possible changes in procedures and systems;
- Participating in projects teams adding the legal perspective to negotiations;
- Function as corporate secretary for the firm in close contact with both Directors.
Qualifications and experience
- Completed a WO master degree in (Dutch) law and preferably in corporate or contract laws (English law);
- Between 3 to 6 years of relevant work experience as a legal professional at a law firm and/or in a relevant industry;
- Thorough knowledge of and passion for contract law and corporate law;
- Experience in the energy, gas or biogas industry is a plus;
- An analytically strong, results-oriented, independent and pragmatic attitude;
- Excellent oral and written command of the English language and preferably Dutch.
- A position in a young, dynamic organization where you get all the space you need to take on many different tasks, to learn and to grow.
- A fulltime position (40 hours) or parttime (32 hours);
- 25 vacation days;
- Contract for a definite period with the prospect of long-term employment;
- Start date as soon as possible.
- Adaptability – able to adapt to constantly changing circumstances
- Involvement – demonstrating involvement with the purpose, mission and vision
- Collegiality – assisting and supporting colleagues while treating them with respect
- Creativity – thinking outside the box and coming up with solutions to problems/challenges
- Integrity – adhering to and maintaining social and ethical standards
- Accuracy – attention to detail as reports and documents need to accurate
- Anticipation – identify critical situations and act adequately
- Curiosity – Inherent drive to learn more about a new company and technologies
- Flexibility – adapt behavior and project planning in order to deal with changing client needs
- Planning and organizing – determine priorities and arrange actions, time and resources to achieve goals and monitor progress
The contact for this position is Susan van Holstein, HR,
+ 31 6 82 32 43 68, firstname.lastname@example.org